Save Green by Going Green!
Paying energy bills can be one of the most stressful parts of the month. Do you ever think “There’s just no way I use that much energy”? If you do, you might ask yourself if your house is as green as it could be, especially if you’re living in a previously owned home. You may not know it, but homes as young as 10 or 15 years old can be surprisingly inefficient when it comes to energy use. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to improve your home’s efficiency and lower your monthly bills. Read on to discover some simple and powerful ways to reduce your energy consumption.
– Switch over to LED lights, they’re brighter and last much longer than their counterparts.
– Insulate your walls and attic well to better control the rate at which heat flows in and out of your house.
– If you have an older home that isn’t insulated well, you can plant shade trees along the west facing side of your house to lessen excess warming from the sun.
– Upgrade to energy efficient windows that help regulate heat flow. You can save in between 7 to 24% on your monthly heating and air conditioning bills.
– Unplug large unused appliances like old, unused refrigerators.