21 Brilliant Ways to Make the Most of Your Storage Space
Do you have a tough time keeping your storage space tidy – no matter how many cupboards, boxes and shelves you have? It can feel like a constant struggle. The more space you create – the more stuff magically appears to fill up every nook and corner.
Thankfully, it’s not a losing battle! With some clever organization, you can make your storage space go further than ever – resulting in an effortlessly neat and spacious home, just in time for spring!
1. Store your shoe collection in transparent shoe boxes or identify each pair with a cute little Polaroid snap!
2. Paint a wooden ladder and use it as a cute storage rack for your heels.
3. Vertical height can actually provide a great space for storage. Use the rails and shelves that are beyond your reach to store keepsakes or out-of-season clothes.
4. Incorporate adjustable rails or shelves into your closet design. Rails that can be pulled down to an accessible height let you use higher areas without a ladder.
5. Store hot curling and straightening irons in a metal file box for safety.
6. Hang a pocket organizer on the inside of cabinet doors.
7. Clip hooks onto the shower curtain to keep loofahs and lotions off the floor.
8. Hang baskets on a towel rack and tuck rolled towels and toiletries inside to make things accessible for guests.
9. Use a tension rod inside cabinets to hang spray bottles.
- 10. Use cute wine crates to store tea and coffee.
- 11. Install hooks inside your cabinets to hang mugs.
- 12. Store foil and cling wrap in a wire magazine box.
- 13. Use deep drawers to store flatware horizontally.
Home Office or Craft Room
- 14. Try a dual level table with compartments below as well as on top for a more manageable and creative use of space.
- 15. Use magnetic bowls to store small metal supplies like paper clips, pins, etc.
- 16. Keep wrapping paper tubes in a zip-up garment bag.
- 17. Find a cool trunk that can double as a coffee table or foot rest.
- 18. Label toy bins with photos to make organized clean-up easy for young kids.
- 19. Tuck smaller baskets or boxes into a toy chest to add an instant touch of organization to kids’ rooms.
- 20. Use an old wooden soda crate as a craft caddy.
- 21. Use Velcro to keep frequently lost items like game controllers or hair brushes in the right space.
Are you trying to find more space at home? If you’ve got any clever tricks of your own – share them with us in the comments below!